GROOMING TO GET GORGEOUS
100 Beautiful Experiences
We’ve got our men covered with a myriad ways to stay stylish, pampered and well-groomed.
54. Dannie’s Shoe Shine has been a V&A Waterfront institution for almost 15 years, now with a prime spot alongside Willoughby’s, in front of Clicks. The ever-impeccable Dannie takes less than 10 minutes to get your treads looking like new. Whether leather or suede, trainers or sandals, he can do it all – and at very affordable prices too. Open 9am-5pm, with the option to drop off and collect.
55. Entering Mr Cobbs the Barber is like stepping back into the Victorian era. This traditional shaving and barber shop will have you looking fresh and rejuvenated. Hot-towel shaves, facial exfoliations and gents cuts can be enjoyed on vintage barber-shop chairs. Shaving soaps, beard oils, moustache wax and a huge range of brushes are available for purchase.
56. Although Glasshouse Rejuvenation at the Silo District is open to all, it originally made a name for itself with men’s treatments. It is still the location of choice for men’s waxing in the city. The manis, pedis, facials and eyebrow maintenance will have you feeling metrosexually rebooted.
57. The customised facials at Dermalogica include a personalised face-mapping consultation and treatment suited perfectly to your skin. The Pro Skin 30 means that in just 30 minutes you can walk out with skin that feels like it’s received a dose of loving care. Dermalogica stocks Jack Black – skin-care and shaving products for men.
58. Besides having any clothing alterations done at Tidy Tucs Tailors, you can get a custom-made suit sewn up to size, in a fabric of your choice. The team of tailors and cutters is dedicated to high quality, and you can see them in action when dropping off your threads. Tidy Tucs is located at Entrance 9 (under Clicks).
Photos by Yonela Makoba @yonela_makoba
After the success of 100 Beautiful Things, where we celebrated creativity, compassion, ingenuity and resilience, through projects, products, ideas and experiences from around the country, we’re bringing this idea of celebration closer to home. Through 100 Beautiful Experiences, we’ll be looking at incredible moments and delights that are available right on our doorstep. Photographed and illustrated by a group of young South African talents, many of our experiences are unique to our hood and can be found nowhere else on the planet!
Every visit to the V&A Waterfront is an opportunity to discover a different part of the city, learn about our heritage, source the best products, dine on the most exquisite fare and connect with friends and family in a safe and happy environment. While we’re only sharing 100 Beautiful Experiences with you, we know you’ll find many more each time you visit, and look forward to hearing of your experiences too.