CATCHING THE MAGIC OF A SUNNY DAY
From sunrise to sunset, our neighbourhood is where you’ll want to be hanging out on a sunny spring day.
59. For a truly unique experience, get here early and watch the sun rise over our boat yards. There’s tranquil, shimmering beauty in those moments as the sun starts colouring Table Mountain and clouds transform into pink and orange skylights for a while.
60. Bathe in the sun while tucking into a delicious meal at the Oranjezicht City Farm Market on the weekend. This elevated vantage point allows you to take in the vast Atlantic, glittering with daylight rays.
61. From the harbour, looking out to sea, you’ll catch glistening ripples of light as the silhouettes of boats bob into view. Sunny days are made for ocean-side dreaming, but make sure to wear a hat in case you lose track of time.
62. Sun-basking is mandatory at Cape Town Fish Market. Its generous outdoor area alongside the swing bridge will give you full sunshine splendour all day, with breezy canopies to protect you from the burn. Few things are better than paella in this setting.
63. Our palm trees stand like gorgeous reminders of our sea-side vibe here at the V&A Waterfront and make for the perfect cocktail-hour sunset snap. They’re also a reminder to look up – there’s so much more to experience in our neighbourhood when you start taking note.
Photos by Estee de Villiers @esteexshoots
After the success of 100 Beautiful Things, where we celebrated creativity, compassion, ingenuity and resilience, through projects, products, ideas and experiences from around the country, we’re bringing this idea of celebration closer to home. Through 100 Beautiful Experiences, we’ll be looking at incredible moments and delights that are available right on our doorstep. Photographed and illustrated by a group of young South African talents, many of our experiences are unique to our hood and can be found nowhere else on the planet!
Every visit to the V&A Waterfront is an opportunity to discover a different part of the city, learn about our heritage, source the best products, dine on the most exquisite fare and connect with friends and family in a safe and happy environment. While we’re only sharing 100 Beautiful Experiences with you, we know you’ll find many more each time you visit, and look forward to hearing of your experiences too.